How Do I Use Rectal Dilators?
How to use Rectal Dilator/Anal Dilators:
For many this may be a very uncomfortable topic, however the need for medical anal dilation has been in a high demand for a variety of reasons including Levator Ani syndrome, prostate cancer treatment, and even post-hemorrhoid surgery. Dilating may seem like a very simple treatment, however we always want our customers to be safe and take the proper steps to ensure they are getting the most out of their treatment. We provide access to the best rectal dilators possible from both VuVaTech and Intimate rose.
The general purpose of anal dilation is so an individual can open up or stretch the anus using a gradual set of dilators so it becomes a natural size. Generally anal dilation is very safe, however, to get your desired results we highly suggest you follow the steps below.
Please consult with a medical professional before beginning any type of treatment or rectal health therapy.
- Wash rectal dilators before use with a mild hypoallergenic soap and warm water.
- Find a comfortable position.
- Many patients prefer to lie on their left side. However, any comfortable position is appropriate.
Lubricate both the anal canal and the tip of the dilator. Proper lubrication will help prevent potential tearing or discomfort due to dryness. Do not use a petroleum-based lubricant because it will increase your risk of infection and be more difficult to wash off.
- Insertion. The tip of the dilator should be positioned lightly and at a right angle to the rectum. Exhale and gently ease the dilator into the anal canal. Breathing deeply and inching the dilator deeper with each exhalation will aid penetration.
- Do not continue if you become tense. Practice controlled breathing and attempt to relax. Remove the dilator if there is any chance you might become hurt or injured.
- The dilator is fully inserted once the cuff (the flat end) is in contact with the skin.
- Warning: DO NOT insert dilator completely into rectum.
- Please leave dilator in for recommended time your physician or therapist recommends for your specific condition.
- Wash and dry the dilator thoroughly. Hygiene is important to avoid risk of infection during the next use of the rectal dilator. Use a mild hypoallergenic soap and warm water.
*Instructions From VuVaTech*
If you are suffering from rectal pain or looking to reach a penetration goal we invite you to learn more from Amanda Olson's most recent video all about anal & rectal dilators!